Precautions for installation and storage of seals2018-11-19
The following are precautions for the installation and storage of seals:
1. Precautions for the installation of the skeleton self-tightening rubber oil seal
(1) Before installing the oil seal, it is necessary to check whether the surface of the journal is too rough and there are no scratches, especially if there is a long scar along the axial direction. If the surface of the journal is too rough, it is easy to damage the oil seal or accelerate the wear of the lip 1:3, destroying its sealing performance. If the surface of the journal is damaged due to improper disassembly, the oil seal lip and the surface of the journal will not be tightly attached, resulting in oil leakage. In the above two cases, the lathe can be rounded or the new shaft can be replaced after the surfacing is re-welded according to the specified journal size. If the journal has only metal burrs or flashing of the shaft head, it can be smoothed with a trowel to prevent the oil seal from being damaged when the oil seal is installed.
(2) Check the oil seal lip for breakage, cracking or oil corrosion. If there is any such bad phenomenon, replace the new oil seal.
(3) When installing the skeleton oil seal, in order to prevent the oil seal lip from being deformed by stretching or scratching, a special installation tool is used. If there is no such tool, it can be installed by the following method: firstly on the journal or even the shaft head, roll a transparent hard plastic film (commonly called cellophane), apply a little oil on the surface, and wrap the oil cover in the plastic. The shaft head of the membrane is evenly pressed to push the oil seal to the journal, and then the plastic film is taken out. Note: Do not misalign the direction of the lip, so that it faces the inside of the reservoir, and the side with the trademark and specification faces the outside. Because the lip 1:3 can only be sealed in one direction, if the oil is packaged in reverse, it will inevitably cause oil leakage, and the sealing effect will be weakened or invalid. It is necessary to avoid slamming the oil on the surface of the oil seal by using a tool such as a hammer or a hammer or the like, otherwise the oil seal may be damaged.
(4) During the installation process, the oil seal (especially the lip part) and the shaft neck position should be kept clean, and be careful not to make the oil seal self-tightening spring jump out of the spring groove. If the self-tightening spring is slack, the elastic force is weakened, and it can be cut off one by one according to the situation, and the ends of the two ends can be firmly connected to continue to use.
2. Installation precautions for rubber water blocking ring
The water blocking ring of the cylinder liner is an "O" shaped rubber piece, and the cross section is mostly round. Compared with the skeleton oil seal, the structure is simple, neither skeleton nor self-tightening spring, and the rubber is sealed by the flexibility and elasticity of the rubber itself. . If improperly installed, a large amount of cooling water in the water jacket will seep into the crankcase, causing the oil to deteriorate, the lubrication quality is deteriorated, the wear of the moving parts of the engine is aggravated, and even a major failure such as burning the shaft is generated, so when the water blocking ring is installed The following should be noted:
(1) If the water blocking ring is too thin or the water sealing groove of the cylinder liner is too deep, the water blocking ring can not be raised above the curved surface after being installed in the water sealing groove of the cylinder liner. At this time, it can be added at the bottom of the water sealing groove. Wrap a layer of asbestos rope, apply water-resistant calcium-based grease, then put the water-blocking ring into the water-sealing groove, and then press the cylinder sleeve into the body seat hole.
(2) If the water blocking ring is too thick or the water sealing groove of the cylinder liner is too shallow, the water blocking ring will be too high and the arc surface will be too much. At this time, not only the cylinder sleeve is difficult to install, but also the rubber water seal or even the squeeze. For the cylinder liner, the rubber water seal can be evenly polished with an abrasive cloth until it is placed in the water seal groove and the height is convex. Then apply grease to the surface of the rubber ring to press the cylinder sleeve into the body seat hole.
(3) If the thickness of the water blocking ring is uneven or the depth of the water sealing groove is different, if the rubber ring is attached to the cylinder sleeve and the height is uneven, the rubber ring should be carefully checked, or the problem of the water sealing groove will be saved. Replace the defective part.
(4) Before the rubber water blocking ring is inserted into the water seal groove of the cylinder liner, the rubber ring and the water sealing groove should be cleaned, and impurities and dirt should be avoided during installation. After the rubber ring is installed on the cylinder liner, it is necessary to carefully check whether it has a twisting and grooving. Before installing the cylinder liner, carefully remove the dirt on the cylinder block, and apply a layer of oil on the lower bearing surface, and then slowly press the cylinder sleeve against the bearing hole.
2. Seals should be kept safely when they are not in use.
1. Anti-aging: it should be protected from light and moisture, placed flat, away from cold and heat sources;
2. Do not apply pressure: keep the seal in a natural loose state and change its physical shape without applying external force;
3, classification label: (same shape, different materials, parts of use, applicable standards, purchase date, etc.)